Looking for a rewarding career working with animals? Would you like to help lost pets reunite with their families and help homeless pets find happy homes? Join the team that is working for animals!
Many of our full time positions work 4-day, 36-hour weeks, usually including one weekend day. Full time positions receive the following benefits:
- Medical insurance after 60 days with a portion of the premium paid by HOV
- Dental, vision, short-term disability after 60 days (if medical insurance is accepted) with all of premium paid by employee
- 4-8 recognized holidays per year (depending on position)
- One week of paid personal time per year after completing 3 months of employment.
- Up to two weeks of vacation per year after completing six months of employment
- Free wellness vet care for your personal pets after 30 days
- Personal pets may come to work subject to certain rules
- Simple IRA retirement plan with up to 3% match by HOV after one year of employment
Vacancies will be posted below whenever Heart of the Valley Animal Shelter has an opening. All applicants must fill out an application.
Current Job Openings:
We are currently hiring an Animal Care Specialist. To apply, complete the Heart of the Valley Employment Application (above) and send with a resume to our Assistant Operations Director at email@example.com.
We are currently hiring for a summer Camp Counselor. To apply, complete the Heart of the Valley Employment Application (above) and send with a resume to our Volunteer and Outreach Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.